Business Operational Risk Manager
Legal, Banking & Financial Services
Posted 11th Feb 2018
This role is responsible for strengthening the governance framework for Retail Banking AME by carrying out reviews across countries in the region and working with country teams to address the risk themes identified.
- Conduct independent assessments of risk management and internal control environment of Retail Banking businesses in AME region. This will cover all parts of Retail Banking like ORF Implementation, Group policy and GPS implementation including AML CDD, all distribution channels and all products e.g. Credit Cards, Personal Unsecured Lending, Mortgage, Auto Loans and Customer Transaction and Deposits products.
- The individual should develop and independently manage senior management stakeholder relationships and ensure comprehensive understanding of business and risk strategy, plans and performance and processes related to retail banking.
- Consistently deliver high quality review reports in a timely manner with focus on key risks, root causes and materiality and assist countries in addressing risk issues that have been identified.
- Closely follow latest policy and procedures in retail banking like client due diligence, anti-money laundering, roll out of Group policies and procedures.
- Prepare presentations, concept papers, management update reports on emerging risk and audit themes as and when directed.
- Experienced auditor, risk professional or business practitioner who has deep subject matter expertise in the Retail Banking.
- Background in auditing is a strong plus. Candidates without prior audit experience but with strong domain expertise in all aspects of retail banking will also be considered
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing. Should be able to prepare high quality written audit reports, as well as objectively summarize and draw out key themes and risks for management attention.
- A clear understanding of the Bank’s approach to the management of operational risk, or equivalent experience gained in other organizations
- Should have very good stakeholder management skills
- Be self-motivated and able to function independently.
- Should have a collaborative approach and be a team player and be a role model on core values of Standard Chartered.
Ability to commit to up to 60% travel.
Return to Work