Accountant Recently Filled
Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality
Posted 23rd Jan 2018
A Dubai based sporting event company is currently seeking an experienced Accountant to join their team on a part-time basis (approx. 20hrs per week)
Key responsibilities will include:
- Handle full spectrum of financial accounting role eg. A/R, A/P, G/L, forecasting,
budgeting etc till the finalization.
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations.
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Perform cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, cash-flow
management reporting for submission to stakeholders.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and
project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for
the set up.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives.
- Liaise with Auditors/Banks/DNRD/Government establishments etc.
A Dubai based sporting event company
- Degree in Accounting/Finance qualification
- Min 8-10 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting particularly in
sports/services industries (3 years min experience in UAE in a similar role)
- Relevant experience in audit is advantageous
- Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel
- Able to work independently and highly meticulous
- Working experience in Peachtree/Sage is highly regarded
- Knowledge about UAE VAT implementation
- Must have UAE Driver’s License