Accounts Assistant Recently Filled
Posted 20th Aug 2017
A leading Global fitness brand is currently seeking a results driven and deadline focused Accounts Assistant to join their Dubai office on a full-time basis.
As Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for collections from customers across the companys territories, within the agreed payment terms, whilst building and maintaining good relationships with all customers, both internal and external.
You will be required to develop a clear understanding of the billing cycle and cash receipting process and also be responsible for a range of ad-hoc financial tasks, and supporting the UK finance team through month end.
- Main point of contact for all Finance queries for the region
- Work with local advisors to provide information to ensure compliance for tax and local authorities
- Complete daily bank reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts in accordance with group timetable and group accounting policies.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Raise ad-hoc invoices/credit notes outside of monthly billing run relating to music purchases made by clubs and instructors for both territories.
- Report weekly changes to licence fee revenue to the UK finance team and issue subsequent invoices and credit notes to customers relating to such changes.
- Raise non-licence fee invoices for club purchases of training and music on behalf of instructors.
- Prepare payments ready for approval by the UK office.
- Run twice monthly debtors reports from AX Accounting programme.
- Maintain a record of expected cash receipts.
- Regularly follow up on customers’ overdue accounts with phone calls and emails as required and manage any queries. Maintain notes in AX and on debtors list.
- Report debtors balance concerns and collection issues to the UK Finance team and local management.
- Deliver monthly statements to our customers via AX accounting programme and deal with any queries that arise promptly.
- Maintain billing information accuracy in Salesforce.
- Build strong relationships with customers.
- Prepare bad debt provision in accordance with group accounting policies.
Global fitness brand
- Experience in a Credit Control Assistant role/ similar finance role
- Extensive administration experience and skills; excellent attention to detail
- Confident and skilled in excel, able to manipulate data to get desired output using pivot tables, v-lookup’s and other basic formula.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels and provide support
- Ability to improve systems and processes to ensure team success
- Desire to develop project management skills
- Proactive, uses initiative and can function independently
- Embraces changes and enables other to embrace change
- Problem solving ability
- Customer service focused and willing to go the extra mile
- Flexibility; willing to do a variety of adhoc tasks, willing to work flexible hours when required to meet client needs
- Resilient; ability and desire to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Interest in the health and fitness industry
- Arabic speaker