Assistant Manager – Business Tax Services
Posted 30th Jan 2018
As a Business Tax Compliance & Advisory Assistant Manager, you'll make a technical contribution to business tax advisory & compliance client engagements and internal projects. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You may participate in researching tax issues, preparing written communications, helping clients with responses to tax authorities, and assisting clients in maximizing tax credit claims and improving their tax function. You’ll participate in preparing or reviewing income tax returns for complex organizations in diverse and specialized industries; identifying tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for consideration and implementation; preparing or reviewing the statutory accounts for a domestic or foreign client; and preparing estimated tax liabilities to assist the client in meeting its tax payment obligations. Working with supervision, you'll contribute to presenting our work and its findings to clients. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Collaborating closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality and Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Participate in business tax compliance & advisory engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within the business tax advisory team and across other services
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining staff
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
Our business tax services help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analyzing tax opportunities and benefits that can be attained by them, assisting clients in identifying and managing strategic opportunities and risks that relate to significant prospective planning, and providing tax-related domestic and cross-border planning and compliance assistance to business-connected individuals and their associated entities. Be part of a global team that helps build sustainable tax strategies; assesses, improves and monitors tax functions’ processes, controls and risk management; and supports clients in managing effective relationships with tax authorities.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Technical skills requirements
- Min Six years’ experience within Tax
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Commercial, legislative and industry knowledge
- Ability to apply Q&RM procedures
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field
- Professional qualification preferred
Return to Work