Assistant Manager IFRS – Financial Accounting & Advisory Services
Finance & Accounting
Posted 30th Jan 2018
As Assistant Manager, you'll make a technical contribution to clients in a lead role in both financial and non- financial service sectors. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute complex assurance procedures, supervise junior team members and help define strategy. Working under the supervision of an assurance manager and senior manager, you'll also help execute our work and present findings to the client.
With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
- Strong academic record including a degree
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
- Five years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with IFRS and local GAAP standards
- Understanding of risk- based auditing and risk and control strategies
- Understanding of Q&RM procedures
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Track record with a leading audit firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Construction, Energy, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Healthcare
Skills and attributes for success:
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
Return to Work