Assistant Vice President - Performance Management
Legal, Banking & Financial Services
Posted 4th Sep 2019
Our client is looking for a finance graduate whom has banking experience, handling management reporting, financial analysis, planning, budgeting and accounting.
To maintain, enhance and implement an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance
* Prepare and Review Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly management reports, including but not limited to Business MIS, Channel MIS, Cross Sell MIS, Product performance, Financial Reporting (Mancom), Business Review packs, Flash and Early view reports supported by analytics on performance KPIs, Price Volume analysis and detailed commentary on business performance. Provide periodical deep dives on business performance and updates on key growth initiatives including monthly update of performance scorecards for business. Facilitate quick closure of month-end to advance reporting timelines. Maintain and analyze the client and product profitability metrics along with the businesses
* Daily Balance sheet movements - preparation and analysis thereof to identify and report the key movements on both the sides of the balance sheet, including keeping a close eye on major client level movements to inform the management proactively
* MIS packs for Businesses – Prepare and Review the Monthly reporting packs to support the various business teams with Financial and Non-financial metrics. Ensure periodic review to keep information relevant and insightful. Conduct Business sales support
- Product cross-sell reporting by product for segments and highlighting cross-sell opportunity among products
- Investigate business sales & process huddles and suggest strategic approach through business analysis.
- To provide credit shield TML (target marketing list), card CLI and card activation TML for credit card. Anti-attrition TML to prevent customer attrition pro-actively
* Budgeting and Forecasting – Plan, initiate and consolidate the yearly budgeting process. Coordinate with business teams to review and finalise the inputs and communicate targets. Prepare budget packs for the Management and Board presentations.
* Cost Review – Review and monitor the expenses of the bank at a detailed level, ensure reporting process to every CC owners and facilitate functional cost reviews. Track spends against the BAU budgets, initiatives and projects. Maintain and track business efficiency targets and monitor the HC actual against plans along with the Manager Performance Management (Costs)
* Quarterly Reporting and Benchmarking- Facilitate and review the quarterly reporting requirements such as Board Pack and Competition Benchmarking analysis.
* On-going Improvements – Continuously review the current processes to find better ways of working. Focus on automation to increase the time spent on review and analytics. Support and initiate the offshoring and automation initiatives and be the point liaison between the onshore and the offshore teams to ensure a smooth flow. The role will remain the owner and will be responsible for any and all outputs delivered by the offshoring team and will be constantly monitoring and handholding wherever required the offshore team
* Ad-Hoc Reporting – Provide support to VP, Performance Management and CFO in any ad-hoc reporting requirements.
* Work with the team to develop better product and business understanding to build a stronger bench strength and reduce individual dependencies while enhancing process reliance
* Engage and partner with businesses to support and deliver on the business expectations from an MI perspective
• Qualified CA/MBA (Finance) with 10+ years post qualification experience in the industry
• Sound knowledge of financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and performance management with high degree of analytical skills to transform data into meaningful and insightful information.
• Self-motivated and dynamic thinking with commitment to success.
• Able to work under pressure and within short / challenging deadlines and ability to operate with an onshore-offshore set up
• Good interpersonal, communication and management skills
• Should independently be able to interact with internal/external stakeholders and contribute towards developing the MIS/Analytical support expected.
TBAJob Reference ID JT-714