Assistant Vice President - VAT Reporting
Finance & Accounting
Posted 3rd Sep 2019
Our client is looking for an experienced candidate who is able to effectively contribute to the robustness of the finance function and banks overall controls framework.
You will be responsible for the VAT reporting & development along with the implementation of VAT policies, principles, processes and procedures within the bank.
* Ensure Bank’s compliance with VAT laws and regulations & Preparation of VAT returns and other VAT reports for submission to the FTA
* Identify the VAT risks, plan remediation action and manage the implementation of the remediation plan and resolution of the risks
* Responsible to develop VAT MI elucidating the impact on Income & Expenses at a Product, Segment and Cost line level of granularity
* Identify & track all changes in the VAT legislations, determine the VAT consequences for the Bank and provide remediation plan and solutions
* Assist in providing advice to the Bank on VAT implications of transactions
* Review terms and conditions in contracts and agreements to determine VAT implications & provide inputs from a VAT perspective into company strategies, policies and procedures
* Manage VAT audits (External & Internal), prepare and coordinate appeals to support the tax position taken, and propose and implement appropriate settlement schemes
* Validation of VAT system for new IT configurations due to new changes in VAT law, rules and regulations and ensuring minimal manual overlays to adhere to VAT requirements
* On-going Improvements – Continuously review current processes to find better ways of working. Focus on automation to increase time spent on review and analytics.
* Minimum 1 year + experience in filing VAT returns in the UAE
* Qualified CA with 8+ years post qualification experience.
* Chartered Tax Adviser or equivalent international tax qualification is an added advantage
* This opportunity is ideal for an experienced Senior Tax Associate/Manager at a Big Four Accounting firm
* Self-motivated and dynamic thinking with commitment to success.
*Able to work under pressure and within short / challenging deadlines and ability to operate with an onshore-offshore set up
* Good interpersonal, communication and management skills
Full Time Set Hours
TBCJob Reference ID JT-713