Auditorium and IT Specialist
Digital & Technology
Posted 29th May 2018
A leading Dubai based Education provider is currently seeking an Auditorium & IT technician.
The right person for this role will be knowledgeable in their field and will have the confidence to think pro-actively in managing some of the following responsibilities:
- Setting up lighting and sound equipment in the auditorium as well as in classrooms when required
- Ensure a high standard of maintenance with the technical equipment and facilities within the auditorium
- Take responsibility to liaise with external customers with regards to sound and lighting equipment
- Assisting with the order of new technical equipment in line with budgets
- Manage the inventory for all sound, lighting and PA instruments
- Manage the entire set up for events on stage with props, lighting, sound
- Be present throughout performances to monitor and manage the entire operation in case of any technical issues etc.
- Ensure the highest standards in working in line with our school’s Health and Safety policy
- Work closely with the network and IT manager to support in other IT technical duties and responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you must have a very strong work ethic and possess a professional work conduct at all times. You will be flexible and understand the importance of this to attend events that fall outside of standard working hours when needed. It is essential for this person to have excellent communication methods and to come from a previous IT/technical background.
Some key competencies required for this role are as follows:
- Possess IT and technical expertise
- Fluent in English language both written and verbally
- Experience of lighting, sound, equipment, stage set up
- Experience of working in the theatre or music industry is desirable although not essential
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time: