Chief System Security and Risk Officer
Digital & Technology
Posted 18th Dec 2017
As Chief System Security and Risk Officer you will be an integral part of the team and be involved with almost all aspects of the business as they continue to grow within the UAE and across the GCC.
Primarily you will:
• Work with the technical lead and report directly into the co-founders
• You will be working at the core of all areas of the business including Risk & Security, Technology Architecture,
Compliance, Regulatory, Marketing, Customer Service, etc
• Specify, architect, build and supervise and work on any new aspects or changes to the company products,
to ensure the product remains the best in the Middle East, and to prevent risk to users
• Identify and define compliance and system security requirements to secure compnay's sensitive data
• Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and
information to keep them hardened against attacks
• Design computer security architecture and standard operating procedures and be responsible for keeping the
relevant compliance manuals and Information Security Policies up to date
• Lead Regulatory and Compliance reporting from a operational standpoint
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
• Develop security tools to mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks. Ensure logs are
created and you monitor the output
• Partner with data science team to develop and improve a set of rules/system to identify suspicious transactions
and compliance reporting
• Regularly conduct assessments on all systems. Author reports on your findings with suggestions for system
security enhancement; present these to the internal security committee and externally when required
• Ensure the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
• Work with customer service agents (and their data) to ensure customer problems related to systems risks are
quickly fixed and with marketing to ensure risks are communicated properly
• Proactively suggest technology or partners that would be a good fit for the company
• Challenge the day-to-day development of the company - in and out of system security
• Occasionally write blog posts for the compnay newsletter – we have fans that love to hear about our
technology and more importantly, the people behind it!
Fintech startup based in Dubai
- Deep and wide proven expertise in the payments security space (essential)
- Experience building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software,
authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network
monitoring tools such as Nagios, Wireshark, Zabbix, New Relic etc.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and
of network/web related protocols.
- An understanding of modern development frameworks such as NodeJS.
- An understanding of different mobile platforms, Android, iOS, Cordova, Windows Phone etc.
- Experience with setting up, securing and maintaining secure production environments.
- Experience with securely logging data and auditing server and database usage.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Good written and spoken English (essential). Other languages such as Arabic, Hindi, Urdu, Tagalog, Malayalam,
Tamil, Sindhi, Filipino are useful
- A self-starter mentality and willingness to solve problems collaboratively
- Good knowledge of online resources and relevant meetups to help with personal development or the company’s
- Work well independently and as a team
- Comfortable with fast-paced, ever-changing environment and requirements
Full Time Flexible
Dependent on suitability, experience
Flexible working hours for the right candidateJob Reference ID LB-325