Compliance & Administration Support Officer
Posted 2nd Oct 2017
Our client is currently looking for an individual to join their new team in Dubai who has experience in Company formation and administration and is willing to learn about and develop their skills in the area of Compliance.
As such, you will be responsible for assisting in the administration of client business, the development of key-relationships, assisting with company administration; and for the growth of the client portfolio and development of existing and new products as well as overseeing all compliance related matters in line with local and international regulations, as applicable.
• Provide support to the Director and Manager in relation to the day to day operation of the office.
• Deal accurately with all issues and tasks relating to the administration of client matters, including receiving and handling efficiently all communications, ensuring matters arising are fully dealt with whilst providing a high standard of service.
• To support the Manager in the process of Company formation services, including progressive client contact in a professional manner and in accordance with regulatory requirements, service levels and internal company standards so as to meet client expectations.
• To maintain and up-date as appropriate the Dubai Office’s Business Risk Assessment.
• Review and adopt or up-date Company procedures to reflect Group and best practice.
• To assist the Management in establishing an effective system of internal controls and accordingly ensure that all staff within the Company comply.
• Maintain and develop key relationships and contribute to the overall success of the Dubai office.
• Develop a working knowledge of services offered by other offices and relevant Compliance requirements relating to the on-boarding of clients within the Group.
• Undertake such tasks as may be requested by the Director, Manager or Group Head of Risk & Compliance.
Key Compliance Focus
• Client Due Diligence (CDD) – review of documentation, run passport checks using bespoke search engine and systems provided, confirm references where required, carry out internet searches, undertake risk review and profile.
• Create compliance review checklist and keep up-dated.
• Maintain Sanctions Register.
• Complete CDD summary for each client entity and a KYC checklist in relation to new business and maintain summaries throughout the relationship reviewing and up-dating as necessary.
• Complete checklists for payments and receipts and check against sanctions lists
• Undertake a monitoring program in line with Group Policy.
• Maintain registers in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Assist in the maintenance of spreadsheets and schedules, as appropriate.
International company formation firm based in Dubai
- Professional qualification, preferably in Law or Company Administration
- Industry-relevant knowledge of financial services (company formation/administration preferable but not essential)
- Good level of judgement and a logical approach to problem solving
- Good standard of oral and written communication skills in English. (A secondary language – Arabic, French, Russian – may be an advantage)
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work under pressure
- The ability to deal with client and professional advisors and regulators as appropriate, showing a commitment to providing quality service
- Good inter-personal skills in dealing with clients, colleagues and senior management
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be willing to study towards a compliance based qualification
- Must be personable, presenting a professional image to clients and advisers
Full Time Flexible