Consultant – Global Compliance and Reporting
Posted 30th Jan 2018
As Global Compliance and Reporting Consultant, your primary focus will be to assist the Corporate Secretarial Support Services team to advise global companies on the various regional regulatory implications of their operations, as well as to assist in the implementation of company structures and corporate amendments.
Responsibilities will include:
Assist with the coordination and delivery of consulting services, which shall include but is not limited to:
- Preparing client proposals and deliverables;
- Assist senior colleagues with research and preparation of advice;
- Direct contact with client representatives, including convening conference calls and meetings as and when required; and coordination with EY offices, both regionally and globally.
Assist with the coordination and delivery of company secretarial support services, which shall include but is not limited to:
- Support senior colleagues with the establishment of new entities across the UAE, both mainland and free zone. Such assistance will include direct contact with relevant governmental authorities. The Consultant should be able to demonstrate confidence and have a pro-active approach in liaising with such authorities;
- Review of documents prepared by clients for corporate registration;
- Preparation of requirements and documentation to file corporate amendments; and
- Assist to ensure statutory compliance deadlines are met.
Continuously update knowledge regarding amendments to local and free zone corporate laws and regulations, industry changes, trends and best practices, and Uunderstand EY’s protocols and policy for engagements and client interaction and ensure they are followed.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Business or Accounting or Finance (or equivalent)
- 1 to 2 years’ of relevant experience;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Proven IT skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong analytical skills; and
- Willing to travel within the UAE when required.
- Arabic speaker;
- ICSA qualified (or equivalent); and
- Exposure to international tax laws and regulations; knowledge of GCC market desirable but not essential.
Return to Work