Consultant/Content Writer (Return to Work Project, 12 Weeks Contract)
Strategy, Change & Consulting
Posted 20th Jul 2017
This role is great for a seasoned copywriter. The role provides an opportunity to showcase your skills within a large and very credible communications agency, who are always looking for superstar content writers! APCO prides themselves on quality and content is at the heart of this.
This role will be part of their team of writers who are responsible for creating a variety of unique material for websites, blogs, social media, online and newspaper / magazine articles. They also assist marketing teams in development of creative content that can be used in marketing or advertising campaigns.
Key responsibilities :
- Work closely with the account team to understand the client brief and audiences demographics
- Research ideas and facts pertinent to the type of content/topic assigned
- Develop creative ideas derived from online/offline research
- Create informative and inspiring content based on research and brainstorming with the wider account team
- Develop content to be relevant across all marketing channels including; articles, blogs, stories and social media to entice and engage audience
- Incorporate SEO throughout all copy writing
- Copy, edit and proofread content created by other team members
- Manage user-generated content on social media sites for account you are allocated to
- Manage the company’s social media presence
- Write content for newspapers and magazines keeping in mind the general structure and sentiment of the readers
* Applications are open until 10th September 2017.
APCO Worldwide is an independent global public affairs and strategic communications consultancy. With more than 600 employees in 35 worldwide locations, it is also the second largest independently owned PR firm in the United States. Headquartered in Washington DC APCO was founded in 1984 by Margery Kraus, who is now the firm's Executive Chairman.
Most public relations firms focus on corporate communications, but APCO is usually hired to handle sensitive political and crisis management issues. Many APCO executives are former prominent government officials, politicians and ambassadors. APCO's clientele consists of multi-national corporations, governments, politicians, associations and nonprofit organizations.
- Experienced in professional writing experience as marketing copywriter or editor, preferably in an advertising, in-house agency, or freelance business
- English as a first language, with strict attention to detail, excellent grammar and copy-writing skills
- Ability to concept and collaborate with Marketing and other internal teams, including executive team; take constructive criticism and seek client/peer feedback.
- Able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication.
- Creative thinking and ability to transfer research into actionable copy
Return to Work
Basic return to work salary/travel costsJob Reference ID QA-229