Credit Analyst - Commercial Banking
Legal, Banking & Financial Services
Posted 11th Feb 2018
As a Credit Analyst within the Commercial Banking business,
you will play a pivotal role within the team and add significant value to the organisation.
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Work with the RM, in a) obtaining all pre clearances like ER negativity, segmentation, etc. b) preparing & presenting work-shopping note and c) expediting approvals.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Odyssey, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval/allocation.
- Release the trade offerings in IMEX, after obtaining the necessary approvals.
- Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the account.
Post Deal Account Monitoring:
- Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking Excess/past dues, strictly complying with ASTAR, EAR processes.
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately
- Ensure Zero BCA over dues.
- Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Proper maintenance of Credit files and ensuring Audit Ready at any time
- Attend EAR/Portfolio call/MTM calls along with the RMs
- In partnership with the relationship manager, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EAR as per the bank’s policies and guidelines
- Prepare timely Stress Tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study
- Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of Creditmate & RMWB
- Effective structuring the deal along with the RM – no of structured deals handled successfully
- Completion of BCAs and obtaining Credit approvals on time to facilitate faster execution of transactions.
- Revenue from the portfolio
- No overdue BCA, QCR
- Efficient handling of EAR, minimal ASTAR,
- Nil Provisioning
- Satisfactory Audit and other internal & external reviews
- No movement of account to GSAM without going through EAR
- Business or accounting related degree or equivalent with a certification in Core Credit Curriculum preferred.
- Excellent financial analysis skill and ability to assess client creditworthiness and key risk considerations / mitigations.
- Preference would be given to candidates with ability to create financial models and experience in handling Complex Credits.
- Previous relevant experience in serving business/commercial/corporate clients desirable.
- Product knowledge on trade, cash, lending and FX products and strong understanding of local industries, supply/value chains and market environment desired.
- Knowledge of operational procedures, documentation requirements, banking practices and regulations related to commercial banking.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
Return to Work