Posted 9th May 2017
Temporary Financial Accountant required for a 2-4 month contract. Candidates must be on Husband's sponsorship and be available for an immediate start.
Overview of the role
- Your main role will be to assist the Finance team creating more efficient schedules, supporting documents, and financial reports and files as we are improving all processes and data integrity.
- The objective of this role is not to be involved in day-to-day operations, but to provide support to the exceptional tasks that will bring efficiency to the team and reduce the time required to perform daily tasks while improving the accuracy of our accounts and processes.
What you'll be asked to do:
- Provide support to the Finance Manager and Financial Controller in investigating discrepancies between the accounting system and the balance sheet recs.
- Look through account entries to find incorrect historic movements and suggest corrections.
- Set up clear, concise, efficient and easy-to-use external schedules and finance supporting files in excel for monthly accruals such as End of Service, flight allowance, etc.
- Work with team to create inter-department excel based financial files for efficient and accurate financial reporting.
- Review the balance sheet reconciliations directing any corrections required and raising any concerns to the financial controller.
- Offer suggestions and ideas for performance and process improvements.
- Work with Junior finance team members to improve support files and improve their understanding of the required maintenance of these files going forward.
- Provide support to month end tasks as requested.
- Support the Finance Manager and the Financial Controller in any other financial accounting projects needed which will support the efficiency and the accuracy of the financial processes and accounts.
Global cosmetics company based in Dubai
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Can effectively communicate in English (written & oral).
- Detail focused mind with a proven record of achieving difficult deadlines.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Some experience of managing others.
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Full Time Set Hours