Government Relations & Compliance Officer (Arabic Speaking)
Posted 28th Nov 2017
Our client is looking for a Government Relations & Compliance Officer to be based at their central office in Dubai. Working hours are full time (8am - 5pm).
The purpose of this role it to provide the following:
- Ensure that all federal and governmental applications and processes are completed in a timely and efficient manner in line with the demands of the business.
- Provide Central Office and other sites efficient, prompt, reliable and accurate information on UAE Law and Government regulations and processes to ensure full compliance at all times.
- Manage and maintain relationships at relevant Ministries to ensure access and appropriate support when needed.
- Contribute to the organisation's strategic planning initiatives and leads the development and measurement of operational key performance indicators.
- The Government Relations & Compliance Officer is responsible for representing the organisation externally with government, regulators and third parties and is therefore in a position of trust and responsibility and is expected to act in a professional manner at all times.
• Coordinate and monitor all Government Relations activity across all sites to remain abreast of status, actions needed and resolutions, and to identify areas where further corrective action / strategies are needed to continually improve and enhance processes
• Track and monitor relevant expiry dates and ensure that all time-sensitive documents and licenses are renewed ahead of deadline to ensure full compliance and avoid fines
• Maintain strong working relationships with Regulators, Authorities and Ministries to ensure access to effective and prompt support and advice when needed.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of the requirements of all relevant Government entities. Ensure that all sites are made fully aware of any relevant amendments or revisions to new or existing legislation, laws, rules, regulations, procedures or protocols.
• Identify potential areas of risk; develop and implement process and systems for resolution of problematic issues.
• Assess the organisation's current and future ventures or specific projects to identify possible Government Relations risks and issues, and plan out Government Relations activities and timelines in a streamlined, organised and efficient manner
• Provide expert advice on Government Relations requirements upon request. Support others with Government Relations issues that impact their areas of responsibility
• Provide reports on a regular basis and as directed.
Compliance, Policies and Processes
• Develop and document business-wide Government Relations processes and systems that ensures all staff, operational policies, procedures, and systems are compliant with the requirements of all relevant government entities
• Develop, manage, periodically review, and communicate Government relations policies and processes
• Ensure employees are familiar with and trained on relevant processes such as managing visas, work permits, OH cards, DHA approvals, KHDA/ADEC approvals etc
• Coordinate training for staff as required
• Advise on the need to develop and/or revise polices, procedures, reports etc. to address risks in relation to Government relations issues
• Proven experience managing Government Relations and Compliance issues
• In-depth knowledge of UAE law and Government regulations and requirements
• Established and proven relationships at relevant Government entities
• Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic (must be fluent in both)
• Strong IT skills with ability to produce report and track and monitor information
Education: Bachelors degree in relevant field
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role within the UAE, ideally in an International organization with multiple sites or business units.
Experience of managing / coordinating a Government Relations function.
Expertise: Compliance, Audit, Policy, Risk Analysis and Control, Project Management, Vendor Relations.