GROWTH STRATEGY DIRECTOR
Strategy, Change & Consulting
Posted 26th Nov 2018
Our client is looking for an experienced Growth Strategy Director covering Asia, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. The ideal candidate will possess highly analytical and strategic thinking skills, with strong communication skills, ideally with global/regional experience.
This role will report directly to the SVP ALMEA Consumer Beauty.
This scope mainly covers:
- Analysis and definition of strategic growth opportunities
- Consideration of growth opportunities as a part of the
- Define and rollout necessary governance mechanisms
- Perform regular analysis and progress reviews for critical strategic agenda items
- Act as regional Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for operational issues
- Coach and guide the markets in terms of project management/governance
- Support regional Leadership Team with various business analysis and presentations
The key responsibilities can be broken down into three areas – Growth Strategy, Governance & Advisory and Regional Single Point of Contact (SPOC):
1. Growth Strategy
o Analyze various strategic growth opportunities across 40+ countries
o Build feasibility assessment and recommendation among growth opportunities
o Define and own brand/market rollout calendar and align with relevant global teams
o Flow strategic choices into Strategic plan and ensure business plans and strategic assumptions are parallel
o Continuous sufficiency reviews around growth plans, strategy and capability agenda
o Growth Strategy Team Advisory and Involvement in WS analysis
o Effectively support Regional SVP and provide necessary business insight overcome business challenges
o Represent ALMEA Consumer Beauty in commercial governance platforms and make sure input is considered by global counterparts
o ALMEA Consumer Beauty Growth Opportunities Analysis with investment recommendation
o High level whitespace analysis on selected areas
o Inputs for the analysis and recommendation created by Global Growth Strategy team
o Keep abreast on market trends through various market research and analysis
2. Governance & Advisory
o Own and run ALMEA Consumer Beauty project governance mechanism on a regular basis
o Perform regular analysis, progress reviews and updates for critical agenda items e.g. market share, portfolio upgrades
o Support Regional SVP and regional Leadership Team with critical analysis, presentations and communication materials
o Coach and guide markets with insights and methodology for growth opportunities definition, sufficiency review, project management and governance tools
o Create and provide templates and coaching support for markets (growth opportunities, sufficiency review, project management and governance)
3. Regional Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
o Act as Regional SPOC for Highly Critical operational problems across ALMEA
o Coordinate and Follow up on product registration delays
o Define delays, build analysis and guide CRA team on the solution
o Continuous review on the progress and escalation of issues
o Registration risk analysis including portfolio and financial impact
o Prioritization of Requests
o Put in place the right governance to ensure we have a good understand of the registration status, hypercare submission and risk reporting and escalation needs
1. Bachelor’s Degree or Business, MBA or other directly applicable advanced degree preferred. 8-10 years of business analysis and/or business development experience
2. Languages: English, bi-lingual Chinese, Arabic, Portuguese an advantage
3. Experience: Previous experience in sales and/or marketing is desirable working in a consumer retail business.
4. Strategic Thinking: Have experience of understanding different markets, business portfolios and appreciating core business issues
5. Process Orientation: Must understand the value of process in being a strong partner with key stakeholders to define, implement and improve key processes. Drive accountability by key users/stakeholders to effectively leverage processes to develop and execute fact-based strategic growth and innovation plans.
6. Analytical Ability: Individual must possess outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills and exhibit leadership in validating, qualifying, and modeling market data and market research results. Must demonstrate an ability to be sensitive to emerging customer needs and competitors' positions.
7. Stakeholder management and Influencing Skills: Must be an excellent communicator with executive presence. Must have the ability to develop effective working relationships with the various global, functional and business heads. Will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive new concepts and ideas without having direct control. Must be confident enough to constructively challenge peers and executives on their approach and thinking.
8. Mastery of market research principles & practices, including conjoint analysis, customer panels, cost of ownership modeling, and other research techniques.
9. Project management: You will need to have strong project management skills with at least 10 years’ experience minimum and be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects across countries.
Return to Work
Return to work
Potential to go permanentJob Reference ID JT-559