HR Enablement Onboarding Consultant
Posted 30th Jan 2018
As Onboarding Consultant, will be required to oversee the onboarding of new joiners across MENA. The process will require system administration, liaison with varying function teams, candidate support and location knowledge to aid transition; manage mobility and secondment.
You will also be required to resolve problems relating to the onboarding process which will vary by candidate and location. The onboarding process commences from when a candidate has accepted their offer up until the end of their probation period and supports all new hires from junior to Director level.
You will also be required to have a deep knowledge and understanding of company HR policies and procedures, and how these are applied by location. You will always look to use best practice with the guarantee of an exceptional experience for each candidate and facilitate maximum engagement within the business in the shortest timeframe, to equip the new joiner with sufficient knowledge to commence work successfully.
You will be required to work independently with some guidance from the Onboarding Supervising Associate and Manager. The role will be based with the core team, but will also require virtual working with other offices, teams and candidates.
- Execute day to day case management of new joiners
- Provide an exceptional new joiner experience ensuring when they join the firm their experience lives up to our EVP
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in all elements of the new joiner process
- Manage risk in all elements of the new joiner process
- Escalate complex or sensitive cases to the Onboarding Lead, ER and Talent Consultant as appropriate
- Understand and use the correct methodologies, tools and technology
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in all elements of the onboarding process
- Identify potential problems and opportunities related to the implementation of onboarding
- Apply an understanding of business need (commercial thinking), to identify critical solutions
- Identify and promote opportunities for process improvements
- Help internal clients and colleagues adjust to change in EY processes and structures by identifying likely issues and providing support to enable the change
- Be responsible for excel reporting to support new joiner requirements
- Provide location knowledge to aid transition and resolve problems relating to the new joiner process
- Understand local onboarding regulations and ensure full compliance
- Build positive relationships and trust with candidates to demonstrate duty of care
Teaming & people:
- Build positive relationships with functional colleagues and members of other teams with integrity and authenticity
- Work with the shared services team in their support to the onboarding team and processes
- Build positive relationships with the broader Talent Team including immigration and other functions
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
- Experience of working in HR operations or a similar function required
- Knowledge of HR systems, basic HR measurement and process improvement preferred
- Experience in metrics reporting and analysis preferred
- Experience within the MENA region would be an advantage
- Experience with Shared Services would be an advantage
- Excellent communicator; English, both written and verbal
- Ability to challenge
- Negotiation skills
- Highly competent in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Competence in the understanding of system functionality
- Visio experience
- Arabic would be an advantage
Return to Work