Posted 8th Nov 2018
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Generalist to join this small commodity exchange company in Dubai, they are looking for a HR Generalist who can manage the full spectrum of HR activities
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for managing the full spectrum of HR activities. He/she will be responsible for giving advice in all generalist HR areas and will be an important influence in shaping the company’s culture. He/she will be responsible for handling employees’ queries and implementing employment legislation.
The incumbent will be the sole provider of HR related matters for the organisation and will ensure that its positioned to be an employee-friendly and high performance driven organization that emphasizes empowerment, quality, and productivity.
The incumbent coordinates and implements services, policies, and programs; reports to the MD and serves on the executive management team; assists and advises company managers about HR issues.
• Manage both the strategic and operational aspects of HR, i.e. recruitment and resource planning, employee relations, training and development, compensation & benefits, payroll, organisational development (e.g. employee engagement, performance management, talent management, succession planning, etc).
• Facilitate the development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement, employee engagement and high performance.
• Ensure that the HR function has a comprehensive suite of business focused and legally compliant HR policies & procedures.
• Identify opportunities to automate HR processes and drive their implementation to enhance effectiveness and/or efficiency.
• Coach line managers on all aspects of people management and provide HR advice to line managers and employees (e.g. in relation to matters of Company policy, procedures, career options, etc).
• Manage the risk reporting to the Risk Officer as the HR Risk Champion
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
• Professional, credible individual with an ability to influence.
• Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with calmness.
• Excellent decision making skills.
• Self directed, detail-oriented, problem solver with a desire to contribute to the organizations’ reputation and success.
• Ability and willingness to operate at both operationally and also, when required, strategically.
• At least 5 years HR experience in a generalist capacity and with previous experience in a generalist role within a Financial Services related industry.
• A thorough knowledge of HR best practice and DIFC/UAE employment legislation
• Degree qualified and/or professional HR qualification (e.g. CIPD).
Parking, Insurance, schooling, flexible working hours depending on experienceJob Reference ID JW-553