Investment Accountant - Analyst
Finance & Accounting
Posted 4th Mar 2018
Our client, a DIFC based investment firm is currently seeking an Investment Accountant who will be is responsible for the complete day-to-day financial administration of the firm.
Reporting direct to the Head of Finance And Managing Principal(s) duties and responsibilities will include:
• Ensure that all management and statutory reporting of all financial affairs of the company activities are delivered on a timely basis and in accordance with best practice.
• Formulation and preparation of annual budgets and targets for all existing investments.
• Participate in analysing current and potential investments.
• Submit annual budgets and reporting of actual costs for all Family expenses.
• Oversee all day to day Financial accounts across all activities
• Managing the interactions with banks and all investment relationships.
• Produces updated cash flow reports, family income and expense statements, as well as financial statements (i.e. balance sheet).
• Handle bill paying for the Investment firm and its principals (partially automated through custodial relationships, cash management and other online resources).
• Assists in the analysis of financial data and extracts and defines relevant information.
• Compiles/analyses and prepares financial information reports, including budgetary forecasting.
• Analyzes budgets to complete financial reports and reconciliations.
• Composes correspondence and communicates with stakeholders regarding budget changes, project status and management decisions.
The firm is understanding of the needs of a mother and although the role is full time they will ensure a work life balance for the successful candidate.
A DIFC based investment firm
• Bachelors in Accounting/Finance with 5-7 year of experience
• Qualified CA, CMA, CPA or CFA with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience
• 5+ years’ experience in a successful Finance role, either corporate or in a privately-held company of high calibre.
• Prior experience working with a family office is the most preferred option.
• Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Access
• Knowledgeable of IT systems, processes, databases, etc.
• Familiarity with Family Office specific software, including Advent, ATWeb, TNR Solution, Prospero, Spectrum Wealth, etc.
• Combination of business and personal financial administration capabilities is highly preferred
• High level of integrity and dependability, with diligent work ethic
• Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and creative skills
• Highly organized with good time management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail