IT Service Desk Manager
Digital & Technology
Posted 11th Sep 2018
Do you have 5 -7 years‘ experience at managing a service desk environment with 4000+ users, with last 3 years managerial experience? A leading group of companies is seeking an IT Service Desk Manager to join their team.
Responsible for the identification, definition, delivery and management of the Service Desk proposition. This requires proactive delivery of the highest standards of customer service to internal and external customers of IS Services. To lead the Service Desk team and provide exemplary management and motivation to the team, ensuring the identification and implementation of the governance, risk and compliance. Requirements for the Service Desk environment in particular, need to align with ITIL v3.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of IT Service strategy. Plan implementation of service strategy and look for continuous improvements.
• Develop a strategy and plan for Incident, Problem and Service Request management. Align Service Desk team for implementation.
• Identify, define, manage, monitor and report on the services and service levels required to support and deliver the Service Desk environment and establish and maintain the Service Catalogue
• Ensure relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place, managed, monitored and reported on and communicated to customers as well as coordinate the identification and resolution of service incidents and problems and where required escalate to relevant parties. (BU – setup and manage)
• Single point of contact for business communication. Design and implement communication plans for regular updates, incidents and service status.
• Identify and manage service improvement opportunities. Ensure continuous service improvement is embedded in the culture and working practices of the Service Desk including request fulfillment, access management, event management, incident management and problem management.
• Prepare, document, update and regularly test Service Desk continuity plans. Ensure critical incident response procedures have been identified, documented and maintained and that Service Desk staff have been trained on these procedures.
• Identify the objectives for Service Desk services and their supporting infrastructure. Agree performance measures and, as appropriate, targets. Manage, monitor and report on the performance of the Service Desk and team members.
• Track and attribute the costs of the Service Desk as required. Provide leadership, management and motivation of the Service Desk team promoting professional development opportunities where possible and managing any issues as they arise.
• Ensure Service Desk staff is appropriately skilled and trained, Manage the Service Desk staffing levels and task allocation to ensure adequate cover for operating workloads.
• Able to work flexibly and provide ad hoc out of hours support for the ICT and related infrastructure in response to business requirements.
A leading group of companies
• Degree Level
• ITIL certifications in Service Delivery/Management
• Minimum 5 -7 years‘ experience at managing a service desk environment with 4000+ users, with last 3 years managerial experience.
• Experience at managing senior internal business stakeholders. Ability to manage vendors and drive SLA based performance.
• Flexible and helpful customer focused attitude. In particular, the ability to empathize with IS Service Desk customers and responds sensitively to their problems, requests and complaints.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical information clearly
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills with a broad range of technical knowledge with the ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask, prioritize and motivate a highly productive Service Desk team