Legal Assistant - part-time Recently Filled
Legal, Banking & Financial Services
Posted 10th Apr 2018
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Legal Assistant on a part-time basis to support their Legal Counsel in managing company documents, reviewing and advising on current contracts with customers, suppliers or any other third parties.
Responsibilities will include:
Incorporation and Formation of Entity when required:
- Draft entity formation documents.
- Organization documents.
- Conduct Corporate Financial information research.
- Monitor and report changes in filing, reporting, and franchise tax laws or regulations.
Ongoing Corporate Matters
- Review a range of various agreements, including
- Draft and effect filing of amendments to articles of incorporation.
- Prepare and file annual reports.
- Drafting documents for board meetings, including board resolutions and powers of attorney. Coordinate with all departments in order to monitor and effect compliance with all federal, state and local requirements for the corporation and its subsidiaries in operative states.
- Perform legal research.
- Review contracts, regulatory filings, policies, and other corporate documents.
- Support corporate records retention and maintenance
- Maintain accurate database of all pending and/or threatened litigation, including a summary of current status and applicable insurance coverage.
- Maintain law library.
- High degree of corporate / commercial experience, gained either in house or in private practice
- Strong academic background from a leading university or law school
- Mature, intelligent self-starter, who can draft legal documents to a high standard
- Previous experience in a multinational organization
- Between 2 – 4 years post-qualified experience in a similar role
- UK, US, AUS or NZ qualification is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong Analytical thinking and strong problem-solving mindset
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent English skills