Secretarial & Business Support
Posted 19th Jul 2018
Are you a Legal Secretary or Paralegal in training with contract experience? Do you have a positive outlook with a typing speed of over 75-80wpm? If English is your mother tongue, and you are willing to travel and have a passport that enables you to do so, then we would like to hear.
You will be based in Saadiyat Island, and will help with administrative duties and co-ordinate a variety of diverse projects, including legal cases in London, Manchester, Frankfurt, Athens, Abu Dhabi and Dubai International Financial Centre courts.
The successful candidate will gain an in-depth understanding of licensing contracts, domain and trademark portfolios. They will act as an integral part of the team and have direct involvement in the management of a busy office environment and team. As a small organisation, the candidate will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in every aspect of the running of the organisation. Undoubtedly this experience will add an interesting and unusual dimension to their CV. Importantly, the candidate will gain in depth knowledge of legal case work in London, Manchester, Frankfurt, Athens, Abu Dhabi and Dubai International Financial Centre courts. So, ideally, we are looking for a candidate with a law degree or a candidate with experience as a Legal Secretary or a Paralegal, but definitely a candidate who is comfortable and interested in legal case work.
Key sole duties:
• Preparing the Founder’s email and postal correspondence, mostly by live audio-dictation
• Working closely with the Founder to prepare legal documents and oversee various legal cases and trademark matters
• Preparing correspondence relating to the Founder’s UK and UAE properties, including liaising with real estate agencies, contractors, suppliers and tenant
• Personal assistance to the Founder as required alongside other team members, including coordinating the written communications to contractors and suppliers for the property renovation, social gatherings or donor events
• Providing first class administrative and secretarial support, preparing documents and presentation materials for the Founder
• Arranging for the Founder to execute contracts and ensuring such contracts are sent to licensing partners and agencies
• Ensuring electronic and hard copy filing systems are correctly maintained
• Managing the Founder’s business and social diary, liaising with senior people and consultants from different business and charity organisations
• Arranging and preparing the Founder for internal and external meetings
• Supporting the team in ensuring resources, marketing materials and other documents are kept up to date
• Maintaining records of product sample stock sent to licensing partners, gifts sent to pro bono lawyers, trustees and other supporters of the charity, and issuing credit notes and invoices when required
• Managing the domain portfolio for the charity, including new registrations, renewals and other domain management matters
• Coordinating meetings for 21CL team members and updating task lists as required
• Carrying out ad hoc investigative background research in the fields relevant to 21CL
• Ensuring the Founder’s private office and 21st Century Leaders Foundation’s office is manned between 9am-7pm Sunday to Thursday, except for 25th and 26th December and 1st January. This important duty is shared between this role, the two Office Manager/Office Assistants.
Duties shared with Office Manager/Office Assistants:
There are two Office Manager/Office Assistants who carry out the following duties the majority of the time, but should they not be available at any time the role would cover these duties too:
• Organising domestic and international travel arrangements including booking flights, tracking air miles and completing visa applications
• Ensuring the phone is answered and messages are handled responsibly when in the office and also on the office mobile phone at all times when required
• Managing office supplies and expenditure, minimising costs wherever possible
• Arranging courier deliveries of documents and ensuring packages are tracked
• Ensuring the smooth running of the office infrastructure (telecoms, IT hardware and software etc) principally in conjunction with IT support providers
• Sourcing, recruiting, training and managing other office personnel, including interns, volunteers etc.
• Managing daily maintenance of the office space and recycling, including educating themselves about environmental sustainability and adhering to best practice to minimise carbon, water and waste pollution
The Founder’s housekeeper looks after selected aspects of the office administration, such as maintaining the 21CL contacts database, managing petty cash, receiving courier deliveries, performing a welcoming ‘front of house’ role for visitors, preparing refreshments, ordering lunch, coordinating maintenance of the office/home, as well as vet visits, dog walking etc. Very occasionally
We are looking for an upbeat, professional person who is detail oriented and quick to learn and absorb information. Must be capable of working in a small, multitasked environment and doing so at a fast pace. A calm manner under pressure is essential. It is also useful if the candidate is not allergic or averse to dogs.
Ideally, they will have legal secretary/paralegal training and/or experience with contract work and/or a law degree. Additionally, they will have office/admin experience, and, importantly, English as a first language.
Strong computer skills are a must, including knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
The Founder of the charity will supervise the work along with additional support from the rest of the team.
Travel costs and accommodation will be provided for if travelling outside of UAE.Job Reference ID QA-476