Manager / Senior Manager – Carve-out/Merger Integration Advisory
Strategy, Change & Consulting
Posted 30th Jan 2018
Are you building your tomorrow, today? Then think about a career with our Operational Transaction Services (OTS) team. We have a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring.
We work on the most complex and high profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. Our team assists clients identify, capture and protect value in their transactions. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people. We cover a wide range of operational aspects of a transaction, including advice on merger integrations, carve-outs, joint venture establishments, operational re-structuring, operational & technology diligence, and synergy assessments.
Your key responsibilities:
As a Manager in OTS you will be a vital member of the team advising clients across all sectors and supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions. You will work in a transaction environment operating under tight M&A timeframes and demands. You will also assist in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and attending meetings with clients to help sell work.
- Develop experience of a range of different type of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g. operational due diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (e.g. integration planning, tracking) and restructuring (e.g. rapid cost reduction)
- Project Work - Lead workstreams comprising members of the client and colleagues from our transactions and advisory practices
- Project Management - Lead meetings with senior client stakeholders to advise, shape and drive the strategy and planning for integration, carve-out / separation and operational restructuring
- Contribute to management of each engagement, including commercials and risks
- Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Role Model - Act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with the recruitment and training responsibilities
- Be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role where you can demonstrate the ability to perform and summarize analysis into management insights and recommended actions at pace
- Flexibility - Be flexible to support on broader IT & Operational transaction work
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or Information Technology and 5 years of related work experience
- MBA is preferred
- M&A management consulting experience is preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing and reviewing high caliber reports, papers, presentations and thought leadership
- Experience in business optimizations, integrations, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- A track record of successful project delivery in corporate businesses where you are responsible for managing project team members and vendors
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Experience in supporting sales and business development processes for professional services projects in a large-scale consulting environment
What we look for:
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you
Return to Work