Office Manager/ Graphics Support
Secretarial & Business Support
Posted 9th May 2017
Our client, a premier US based architecture firm is seeking an experienced Office manager/ Graphics support professional to join their representational office in Dubai on a part-time basis.
Working hours - 8:30 am - 1:30 pm (5 Days)
Overview of the role
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitors
- Support company operations by maintaining office systems and supplies
- Provide office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects
- Prepare visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts
- Address IT and computer related issues
Admin Support responsibilities:
- Maintain team calendars
- Booking for travel and flights for the team including staff travel expense reports
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintaining required office excel sheets/logs
- Maintaining the office leads and project lists
- Filing in the correct location on the network
- Document control assistance for projects, Submittals/Transmittals for projects
Graphic Support responsibilities:
- Use of InDesign and Powerpoint software primarily
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, printers, etc.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Meeting room set up for key client meetings and workshops
- Tea/Coffee preparation for clients
- Transfer and record telephone enquiries and relaying to the relevant party
- Organize/manage office data networks
One of the largest and most influential architecture, interior design, engineering, and urban planning firms in the world. Founded in 1936, they have completed more than 10,000 projects in over 50 countries. They are renowned for their iconic buildings and their commitment to design excellence, innovation, and sustainability.
Their portfolio contains some of the most important design achievements of the 20th and 21st centuries, from cutting-edge research facilities and inspiring learning centers, to soaring towers and vibrant urban districts. They have earned nearly 2,000 awards and remain the only practice to have twice won the Architecture Firm Award from the American Institute of Architects.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Graphic Design skills & Layout skills
- High level communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Problem solver with a can do attitude
- Deadline oriented with the ability to handle pressure
- Document control and reporting skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Friendly, well presented