Parent Relations Officer
Posted 22nd Nov 2018
WORKING HOURS - 7.30AM - 4.30PM
Primary Purpose of Job:
• Provide quality customer service to parents and prospective new parents to support retention of students, attract new families and enhance the reputation of the school.
• Promote and market the school to relevant stakeholders, developing loyalty and advocacy of the school brand
• Execute Central Office Marketing strategy and support the creation of a school specific Marketing strategy, working closely alongside CO Marketing team
Key Relationships (Internal and External):
• Existing parents, visitors to the school, school employees and Senior Leadership, Central Office Marketing team and other departments as required, media agencies, social media platforms
• Promoting the school in the best possible way by providing customer service excellence to parents and visitors.
• Coordinate and lead school tours for prospective new parents ensuring that tours are tailor-made to meet their needs as much as possible and promote the school’s academic and non-academic achievements.
• Lead the parent journey, mapping and measuring how customer service at all points support the brand promise and encourages parent endorsement.
• Maintain open lines of communications with existing parents and ensure that their feedback including concerns, complaints and compliments are handled effectively and passed to the relevant member of staff, efficiently and in a timely manner. Liaise with other school personnel or departments as required.
• Resolve, or escalate through the correct channels, non-academic school issues that parents or parents groups may raise.
• Ensure that the Principal and relevant staff are regularly informed of problems or matters of significance.
• Undertake parent satisfaction surveys. Collate responses and produce analysis and action planning recommendations in partnership with the Principal.
• Conduct Parent Exit Surveys and prepare reports for the Principal, Admissions Manager and Central Office.
• Develop and update communication channels, such as newsletters and social media (e.g Facebook and Instagram) in accordance with the brand and school-specific Marketing Strategy to promote the school to both existing and potential new parents.
• Coordinate internally focused parent/community events in order to engage parents in school activities and celebrations and report on outcome of events.
• Liaise with Digital Marketing representative in CO to regularly update and develop the school website.
• Promote the school by identifying newsworthy stories for the media and PR opportunities.
• Guide and ensure that the school meets corporate branding guidelines. This will be regularly reviewed and includes, signage, collateral, touch points etc.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Relationship management experience; a minimum of two years in a customer focused role preferably in a service industry.
Previous experience in a Marketing / Communications role will be beneficial. Experience of and interest in use of social media for Marketing.
• Effective communicator at different levels, both orally and in writing.
• Interpersonal skills, able to operate in a multi-cultural environment.
• Solid time management skills, the ability to multi-task and cope with peaks of demand.
• Computer literate, including all social media platforms.
• Attentiveness, able to listen effectively and ask questions
• Resilient, able to work under pressure
• A team player, willing to support colleagues to deliver results
• Willingness to learn
• High level of attention to detail
Full Time Set Hours
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time: