Personal Assistant - 10 month contract
Secretarial & Business Support
Posted 5th Aug 2018
Do you have experience working in a legal environment? Our client is seeking a legal Personal Assistant for a 10 month contract to support the dispute resolution fee earners.
- Responds to, assesses and prioritises clients’ requests, however communicated, and offers appropriate efficient and business-like help and assistance to meet their needs.
- Maintains a good knowledge of current clients and carries out basic client liaison duties.
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the stage of the deal upon which the fee earners are working, current deal workloads, potential issues and sensitivities.
Marketing and Business Development activities
- Carries out basic business development duties such as updating contacts and sending out business development materials.
- Assists with administrative support for business development and client events, working in conjunction with the relevant central and practice based MBD teams as appropriate.
- Liaises with fee earners and the MBD department as required on the production of pitches, client presentations and maintaining up-to-date CVs for fee earners.
General administrative support
- Helps to manage incoming communication
- Pro-actively manages fee earners’ diaries, makes appointments, arranges meeting rooms and organises travel arrangements and expense claims to ensure all work activities are scheduled effectively.
- Arranges all travel effectively and efficiently.
- Types letters, correspondence and legal documentation. Proofreads all work to ensure that completed documents are delivered accurately and to an appropriately high standard.
- Establishes and maintains a robust manual and electronic filing system and other administration systems (such as client files if required) to ensure completeness and accuracy of technical, professional and matter information.
- Carries out day-to-day administrative tasks to ensure provision of high quality service in all areas, including liaison with department business centres and other service departments as appropriate.
- Carries out basic matter opening with support from fee earners and updates records as necessary.
- Assists fee earners with the billing processes, preparing first drafts of bill narratives if required.
- Communicates on a daily basis with all of their fee earners, ensuring a high level of awareness of current priorities, fee earners’ whereabouts and service requirements.
- Proactively communicates with Team Supervisor on issues of workload and any other difficulties.
- Is proactive in providing support to other PAs in the team to ensure that peaks and troughs of demand are managed.
- Willing to provide cross-team support where necessary.
- Ensures phones are covered at all times.
- Contributes to departmental support projects on an ad hoc basis.
A legal firm
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent experience, must have at least 5 GCSEs (A-C) (or equivalent), to include Maths and English.
- Experience of working in a legal environment.
- Formal legal secretarial qualification.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Administrative support experience.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative.
- Able to work fast to tight deadlines.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
- Ability to retain a positive and professional attitude under pressure.
- Excellent IT Skills, including fast, accurate audio and copy typing (60 wpm).
- Able to produce high qualityWord and PowerPoint documents.
- Able to create, manipulate and interrogate Excel spreadsheets.