Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality
Posted 30th Jan 2018
A leading Dubai Hotel Group is currently seeking a Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant to provide senior level support to the Chief Executive Officer.
Working as a trusted right hand and delivering the necessary secretarial support and business focused administration. This role requires a strong ability to multi-task, as this is a highly varied role, handling the range of activities in a responsible and highly confidential manner. This includes being the first point of contact to external parties, diary management, managing correspondence via a number of communication channels, making complicated travel arrangements and resolving first enquiries to ensure that the office runs effectively and efficiently.
1. Organise the day-to-day activities applicable to the role of a Personal Assistant to the CEO to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient manner, consistent with operating policies and procedures and delivers service excellence.
2. Identification of opportunities to implement best practices, improvement of processes and productivity for the Executive Office.
• Ensure correspondence is handled in an efficient and timely manner, routing correspondence as necessary and drafting replies where appropriate to ensure that all communication is dealt with appropriately.
• Check the CEO email for any urgent messages and convey the message on a timely basis. In absence ensure matters are referred to alternative executive committee members for action.
• Follow up in an effective manner on all approvals, documents and forms requiring CEO signature. Liaise with HODs / Chiefs to ensure the CEO approves key documents in a timely manner.
• Maintain an up to date comprehensive filing system ensuring documentation is filed on a daily basis and old correspondence/files cleared out on a regular basis.
• Schedule meetings for the CEO including sending notification of dates, times, location of meetings to all attendees and advising attendees of any changes well in advance, compiling and issuing meeting agendas and minutes as per the agreed deadlines.
• Travel arrangements as required in accordance with company policy, including booking itineraries/venues to ensure most effective use of CEO’s time.
• Receives and screens telephone calls, and visitors, answers routine questions and furnishes information as necessary to ensure availability of data and efficiency of service.
• Meet and greet visitors and offer/order refreshments when appropriate, assist in the coordination if VIP visits and senior management team events such as dinners, off site visits, etc and build strong internal relationships and support with external parties to ensure high level of service.
• Assist the CEO to in prepare for meetings by providing documentation, reports, previous minutes of meetings and background information on the subject under discussion.
• Take minutes and follow up as required to ensure respective colleagues have taken action of the tasks as requested by the CEO to meet deadlines.
• Organise the CEO’s diary to enough time for each meeting an on a daily basis by ensuring that internal attendees arrive on time.
• Type all correspondence, minutes, and reports as requested by the CEO and prepare routine communication or reports for CEO’s signature,
• Gather and summarize data, information as requested by the CEO in order to ensure availability of data.
• Order stationery and issue purchase requests as required for the Executive Office and ensure equipment in offices is working at all times.
• Receive, sort and distribute mail; prepare and arrange for the distribution of outgoing communication and deal with all telephone enquiries promptly and accurately recording messages in the message book.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity so that Hotel Group provides world class and luxurious hospitality services to its guests.
• Follow Company policies and procedures while undertaking duties and responsibilities.
• Perform related tasks and duties as assigned and deemed responsible by management.
A leading Dubai Hotel Group.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited and renowned University.
• At least 5 to 10 years of recent experience of working as a Personal Assistant /Executive Assistant to a C-suite executive, or senior VP.
• High level of demonstrated competency in delivering secretarial/administration services.
• A strong and natural ability to communicate with a wide variety of people at all levels with the flair and cultural sensitivity to build rapport and trust.
• Knowledge/experience in the hospitality industry is a distinct advantage.
• Expert level spoken and written English, at advanced level and an additional language is an advantage.
• Expert / advanced at MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
• Advanced report writing & drafting skills.
• Impeccable planning and organizing skills.
• Calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
• Ability to prioritized time and task efficiently.
• High level of motivation and ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Impeccable grooming
• Flexibility to be available to provide assistance, on occasion, outside of normal office hours, if required.