PR & Media Relations Manager
Sales, Marketing and Media
Posted 8th Aug 2017
A leading Dubai based event business is currently seeking a PR & Media Relations Manager to develop, implement and monitor effective Arabic local/regional press campaigns for their events and exhibitions.
Public Relations and Media Management
- Liaise with Senior Manager, Corporate Communications and PR agency to develop, implement and track strategic and aggressive PR plans to deliver international and regional exposure to events and exhibitions.
- PR tracking and follow up with media to ensure strong coverage throughout the Middle East and target countries
- Management of PR agency, press conferences, road shows and media centres on and off site
Arabic Media/Content Management (Exhibitions)
-Devise, write, edit and issue Arabic press releases and news articles in line with exhibitions and show deliverables
-regularly translate and Arabiz English press releases into Arabic and effectively monitor and review translations done by agencies
- Develop and maintain a strong/current list of Arabic local/regional press contacts (TV, radio, newspapers, online and print publications) covering the various industry segments across exhibitions
Arabic Media/Content Management (Corporate)
- Translation and editing as required of the Arabic content on company websites, board presentations, brochures, advertisements and other marketing collateral as needed
- Devise, write, edit and issue Arabic press releases and news articles in line with corporate business unit deliverables.
- Develop and manage a program of related Arabic press media interviews with designated spokespeople.
The ability to write high-level Arabic content (press releases/articles) to support campaigns is critical.
A leading Dubai based event business
- Degree in journalism, communications or a marketing related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in journalism and/or public relations with specific focus on Arabic writing and PR
-Excellent Arabic writing skills and well-developed translation skills: bilingual capability with high level of fluency in both English/Arabic (writing and speech) required
- Exceptional level of communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of traditional and new media
- Knowledge of local, regional and international business environment
- Established contacts in the GCC/Mena media market
- Ability to develop and implement campaigns in coordination with external agencies and internal departments
- Meticulous in language (spelling/grammar)
- Independent and self motivated
• Annual vacation of 25 daysJob Reference ID LB-241
• Flight ticket
• Education allowance
• Medical and Life insurance
• Annual discretionary bonus