Professional Support Lawyer – Non-Contentious
Legal, Banking & Financial Services
Posted 18th Apr 2019
Our client is looking for a PSL who will be reporting directly to the Managing Partner. They are required to help their partners to advance thought leadership and precedent projects and provide guidance, expertise and mentoring for more junior members of the team. You will be a trusted advisor on non-contentious technical legal issues and will role model best in class knowledge management processes and systems; building a suite of resources to improve efficiency, accuracy and the overall quality of work.
To be considered for this position you must have the following experience:
- Provide technical legal expertise
- Lead client-facing activities
- Provide Legal training by identifying relevant topics and training needs
- Produce standard forms/precedents
- Knowledge management
- Know-how delivery systems
- Collaborate and innovate
- Partner with Business Development Team
- Participate in regular meetings of the firm's global Professional Support Lawyers
The role is open to one full-time OR two part-timer positions
• Significant experience practising in the UAE.
• Ideally worked as a PSL in a previous role.
• Excellent drafting, research and presentation skills.
• A keen eye for detail and high standards of accuracy.
• A cooperative and collaborative approach and are able to develop excellent working
relationships at all levels and roles.
• Project management skills.
• Experience working with precedent management, data-mining and electronic library
• A passion for training and developing others with an appreciation of different learning
• Sound commercial awareness and a client-centric approach.
• Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise
• High professional standards with a commitment to quality work product.
• Hours: 24 hours per week (0.6 FTE). Flexibility is expected.
• This role would suit a Litigation Associate at least 6 years PQE that has practised in the
UAE across multiple jurisdictions.
• This role reports to the Managing Partner.
It is ESSENTIAL that you have practised law in the UAE (can be in-house) and has worked in an International law firm in the past.