Regional Credit Controller
Legal, Banking & Financial Services
Posted 1st Oct 2018
We are looking for a Credit Controller to support our Client's practice. You will work closely with the Group Credit Controllers, Partners, Lawyers and the Finance team as an integral member of the Credit Control team. To ensure prompt collection of the firm's unpaid bills ledger in accordance with the firm's credit policy.
• Management of own ledger of accounts
• Chasing overdue debts by telephone, email / letter and in person, up to litigation.
• Drafting legal notices / notarial notices in English and Arabic.
• Drafting Complaints to the Chamber of Commerce.
• Following up unpaid bills with Partners, and Lawyers.
• Liaising with internal teams and Partners to minimise & quickly resolve queries.
• Building strong relationships with Internal & External Clients e.g. contacts at local authorities.
• Working in a team of Credit Controllers.
• Responsible for the collection of debt within specific departments minimising exposure to bad debts through effective credit & risk management whilst maintain & building strong internal and external client relationships.
• Generating monthly debtor reports for Partners and Lawyers and statements to clients.
• Promote proactive contact with clients & fee earners in the pursuit of swift payment of bills, e.g. propose a payment schedule tailored to the client’s financial situation; and visit client offices.
• Attend regular aged debt review meetings with Partners to discuss & resolve problem debts.
• Attending monthly team meeting focusing on specific clients and provide up to date and specific feedback.
• Dealing with allocation of cash receipts and queries.
• Meeting deadlines and monthly cash targets.
• Proactive in reducing DFO.
• Sales ledger maintenance.
• Any other ad hoc task that may be required in the course of the day to day activities of the department.
• Gained experience from a Law Firm or other professional sector.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
• GCSE/A level Mathematics, English and Arabic language.
• Gained experience from working within finance/credit control, preferably within a legal/professional partnership environment.
• Knowledge of Aderant Open preferred.
• High level of systems/IT literacy (particularly Excel and Word).
• Knowledge of computerised accounting systems.
• Excellent problem solving skills and judgement.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels within the firm and within clients’ organisations.
• Self-motivated and pro-active.
• Organised and methodical.
• Confident and assertive with clients.
• Ability to prioritise and to manage own workload to meet deadlines.
• Confidential at all times, dealing with any difficulties tactfully.
• Excellent team player who is reliable and flexible.
Full Time Flexible