Relationship Manager - Commercial Banking
Legal, Banking & Financial Services
Posted 11th Feb 2018
- To achieve agreed individual financial and non-financial targets by acquiring, growing and retaining profitable Commercial Banking customers within acceptable risk parameters.
- Contribute toward achieving team’s overall target and delivering optimal portfolio return.
- Collaborate and build effective partnerships with other RMs, team leaders, segment heads, as well as colleagues in CDD teams and partners in risk, compliance, other support functions, and product
- Achieve individual financial and non-financial targets while contributing towards team’s overall deliverables through:
- Effectively generating new business – identify prospects and convert in line with the Bank’s appetite
- Strategically formulating account plan – provide clients needs-based solutions, structure appropriate credit facility, and execute various banking transactions
- Proactively building trusted client relationships – maintain a portfolio of active and growing customers
- Market and sell broad range of products including trade service, cash management, treasury and investment
- Prepare credit proposal and loan application of customers; prepare annual review on timely basis
- Work closely with credit team to ensure good quality lending decisions are made; to ensure the strict adherence to the prevailing EAR / credit policy
- Implement agreed business plan to achieve sales/ revenue targets
- Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services
- Regularly feed back to Team Leader and peers on new and anticipated financial and service needs and recommend appropriate improvements to processes on new products
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in client engagement, internal stakeholder management and other business conduct
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes.
- Support the framework for effective management of operational risks across the Business and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the execution of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis – incorporating infrastructure requirements and ensuring that they are fit-for-growth.
- Conduct regular and timely customer due diligence (CDD) reviews
- Ensure CDD profiles are error free for timely sign off
- Follow and comply with AML CDD policies and procedures
- Identify KYC issues, provide solution or escalate to line manager if necessary
- Ensure internal / external KYC requirements are adhered to AML CDD policies and procedures
People and Talent:
- Embed the Group’s values and culture
- Coach peers and more junior staff as appropriate
- Partner effectively with internal stakeholders to deliver effective client solutions
- Abide by appropriate frameworks to guarantee that business is carried out within the Group’s risk appetite and relevant risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with line managers other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with regulations and guidelines on Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM).
- Abide by the Group’s values and code of conduct and foster a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder’s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant superiors and/or Risk Committees.
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses
- Ensure relevant systems and controls pertaining to the role remit are in compliance with Group and Business policies,
- Ensure adherence with the following Regulatory Compliance policies and processes (as is applicable):
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and all applicable money laundering prevention procedures
- Client Due Diligence & Related Periodic Reviews
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
Regulatory & Business conduct:
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank.
• Graduate level or equivalent and relevant Banking certification preferred with Core Credit Curriculum qualification.
• Significant previous experience in serving business/commercial/corporate clients. Experience in servicing international businesses under the cross-border context is a plus
• Excellent financial analysis skills and ability to assess client creditworthiness and key risk considerations / mitigations
• Sound product knowledge on trade, cash, lending and FX and strong understanding of local industries, supply/value chains and market environment
• Knowledge of operational procedures, documentation requirements, banking practices and regulations related to commercial banking
• Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products essential.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
Return to Work