Relationship Manager - Private Banking
Legal, Banking & Financial Services
Posted 11th Feb 2018
- Drive profitable growth by acquiring, developing and servicing long-term relationships with HNW clients
- Accountable for the performance of individual’s own client
- Deliver NNM, AUM, and revenue growth targets and key operating metrics (such as tail accounts management, client acquisition, client satisfaction, portfolio mix).
- Generate healthy pipeline of target market prospects and convert them into clients.
- Grow client portfolio size by deepening existing customer relationships.
- Implement an asset allocation in line with the client needs, and model portfolios as benchmarks.
- Deliver, monitor and review solutions to clients based on client investment profile.
- Conduct periodic reviews of client accounts in accordance with established procedures.
- Deliver profitable growth by controlling costs and mitigating operational losses.
- Deliver positive client performance in line with client investment profiles
- Support the continuous improvement of processes to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the effective management of operational risks across the Business and in compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the delivery of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis.
- Ensure sales management, suitability and onboarding processes are applied appropriatelyClick here to enter text.
People and Talent
- Collaborate with support functions, business partners, and product specialists to deliver One Bank, support cross selling efforts and referral program (where applicable), and provide effective client solutions
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses.
- Understand the risk and control environment within area of of responsibility and drive rectification as required
- Handle customer issues, complaints, and product enquiries on timely basis in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant Risk Committees and/or line management.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations forms part of the culture.
- Participate in Local Client Committee and other relevant committees where applicable.
- Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Support the business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles, such as Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Embed Here for good and the Group’s brand and values in the team.
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Region, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
• Work effectively across SCB, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth
- Relevant degree, level 4 RDR complaint qualification
- Languages – fluency in business English
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations – as required by role remit and responsibility
- Professional Memberships – as required by role remit and responsibility
- Bank training; i.e. mandatory & developmental – as below
- Demonstrable and relevant experience in the Private Banking industry commensurate with this remit and level of responsibility
- Strong ability to develop a network of target prospects
- Proven risk management capabilities
- Firm in all business guidelines and compliance issues
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Return to Work