School Operations Manager
Posted 6th May 2018
A leading Dubai based Education provider requires a School Operations Manager.
You will be responsible to manage, lead and direct all teams in school that deal with site/facilities and operations. Manage all associated areas to maintain high levels of health, safety and security. Support the Principal to develop the business in line with the strategic platforms; Growth, Operational Excellence, Developing our People, Customer Endorsement.
• Develop and maintain effective partnerships and engage in positive communication with all staff, senior leaders and the Principal
• Provide leadership for the Facilities Manager and Head of Security. This includes ensuring they adhere to their accountabilities and KPIs, supporting their professional development, conducting appraisals, and addressing performance issues
• Adhere to the school’s policies and procedures and ensure all supervised staff do as well
Purchasing and Contract Management
• Serve as the lead in receiving deliveries of stock, confirming all goods meet the requirements specified in the orders, and processing signed invoices and delivery notes
• Provide school based oversight of service related contracts, which includes ensuring providers deliver services per their contract and confirming to Central Office Procurement that all services are rendered as required
• In collaboration with school staff and Central Office Procurement where applicable, assist in the purchase of local supplies and services as required. Purchases must adhere with the Procurement Policy
• Provide Central Office Procurement with any requested documents in a timely manner to facilitate the payment of any monthly invoices
• Monitor security, cleaning, catering, and other relevant contracts for the school to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and value for money. In coordination with Central Office Procurement, prepare any tender documents for renewal or any contract changes
Health and Safety
• As lead health and safety officer for the school, ensure that all aspects of the school meet / exceed all related requirements stated by school, government authorities, and the school.
• Support the Principal and/or their delegate with the administration of the Crisis Management and Reporting protocol if/when required
• Track accidents and injuries at school. Lead efforts for changes / improvements to any grounds, building, equipment, and/or facilities that may have caused or contributed to accidents or injuries.
• Ensure adequate and proper signage related to health and safety are in place
• Ensure effective and safe transportation is provided. This includes school bus transportation and drivers as applicable
• Liaise with the school’s HR Advisor and Central Office Procurement and Operational Support section to ensure the preparation, maintenance (if applicable) and departure of staff in provided Accommodation (TPA) meets all requirements. The primary focus is on TPAs outside of school Residences.
• Familiarize and adhere to the Housing Procedures Document issued by Procurement and Operational Support on all aspects of TPA and the specific roles and timings pertaining to schools
• Ensure that buildings and premises comply with all requirements of the Ministry of Health and Safety Regulations, Municipality, Civil Defense and other Governmental bodies including the education regulator
• Ensure security, cleaning, and contracted staff such as canteen, clinic, and lifeguards have the correct government documentation in place (i.e. occupational health cards) to be authorised to work in the school. Advise the Central Facilities Manager and address any gaps immediately
• Be able to provide copies of all facilities maintenance and other school services contracts to authorities as and when required
• Always be prepared for an inspection from government transportation authorities demonstrating full compliance with government requirements per the Central Office Operations issued checklist
• Provide reports and fines from government inspections including RTA/DOT and update the bus checklist with any new requests resulting from an inspection to the Central Office Transportation Controller immediately
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and that other employees are trained in and familiar with relevant policies and procedures including, procurement and health and safety
• Responsible for regulatory and legal compliance in Operations, and all relevant government authorities
• Report and advise on matters relating to energy use (such as cooling/heating levels throughout the buildings; pool; gymnasium etc.) to the Principal and the Central Facilities Manager.
• Put forward and undertake initiatives that will bring about the reduction in utility bills whilst ensuring the standards of the school are maintained and/or improved
Education: Bachelor Degree or Industry Related qualification at similar level.
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role (e.g. facilities, procurement) ideally in an Educational Institution or related service provider Industry.
Competencies: Team management, operations management and compliance experience, working with regulatory bodies, strategic planning and business development, strong IT skills and logistics.
Attributes: Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication skills. Ability to problem solve and support staff with complex issues. Empathic to all staff and supportive to overcome problems that affect personal circumstances. Visionary in terms of the development of systems and structures yet attention to detail on day to day operational tasks.
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time: