Senior Communications Specialist
Sales, Marketing and Media
Posted 2nd Oct 2018
Are you a Communications Specialist who is available for a 6 month maternity cover? The role will be to ensure that all the communications requirements relevant to our Client are met.
You will focus on the UAE, Bahrain and Kuwait (with additional consideration for countries served by a service agent) and address communications in a manner that is consistent with the company corporate plan.
The role covers internal and external communications, based on the regional Corporate Communications plan, and is responsible for supporting local spokespersons.
The job holder will examine all external and internal factors that could affect the business and develop an on-going action plan that ensures the media performance and committed project goals are achieved.
The Job Holder will report to the MEISA Communications manager, and is responsible for coordinating with and managing the Middle East PR agency, and related activities.
- Follow the MEISA and Middle East Communications plan, working with departments and leadership from across the business
- Develop, execute and evaluate a communication program that specifically addresses the needs of external and internal audiences to drive reputation
- Develop executive messaging, and evaluate opportunities for internal and external commentary or coverage
- Monitor media coverage (reports provided by an external agency), to track and monitor performance against set KPIs, assess and provide advice or identify opportunities relating to industry and business trends, and monitor key issues and competitor positioning
- Provide all the necessary proactive and reactive support materials, including talking points, for spokespersons for any internal meetings or activities, and for external or media opportunities
- Draft and review press releases, award submissions, internal communications, and other materials, as required
- Manage the PR agency for the Middle East, ensuring work produced is of the desired quality, meets the objectives set, and is executed within corporate guidelines
- Manage and report on a weekly basis, achievements and activities, and update the media coverage report
- Manage the budget for Middle East Communications activities and vendors, including invoicing and any financial requests
Global Logistics Company
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in media or corporate communications
- Experience with Windows programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentations
- Experience of writing and communicating clear communications materials, including localising any global or regional content to a local audience
- Experience of controlling multiple projects simultaneously
- Project and process Leadership Skills
- Aptitude in following a company or divisional line in demanding situations
- Expertise in managing an external agency
- Understands corporate systems and processes
Full Time Flexible