Senior - Financial Accounting & Advisory Services
Posted 30th Jan 2018
The Financial Accounting & Advisory Services practice is one of the fastest growing areas of the business. They currently have a recruitment need for a Senior to join their team to support big scale projects ranging from GAAP Conversion and implementation of new accounting standards to FSCP and financial policies and procedures support.
Your key responsibilities:
In this role you’ll work directly with a wide range of clients across several industries to assess the impact of new accounting standards, proposed transactions or other regulatory changes. Specifically you’ll build and maintain strong networks internally and externally in order to grow the pipeline of FAAS work, report directly to Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners at the planning, execution and wrap-up stages of FAAS engagements, coach and mentor junior team members and conduct performance review by contributing to performance feedback for staff and ensure work is of a high quality, delivered in a timely fashion and in compliance with EY policies.
Working with other EY locations, service lines and specialists to deliver a fully integrated service offering is integral, as is monitoring engagement economics against key financial metrics and managing the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll be expected to identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client, consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues, ensure that the FAAS work products meet the needs and expectations of clients are clear, accurate and well presented, ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements and deliver effective execution of the FAAS service delivery framework.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
- A bachelor's degree in finance and/ or accounting
- Minimum 3- years of experience working as an auditor/ consultant or technical resource for a public accounting firm
- CPA/ CA/ ACCA certification
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing processes and techniques
- Proven experience with IFRS
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
- Solid team working skills with the ability to work with different people from diverse backgrounds in the diverse FAAS team
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills.
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
- Keen to develop technical and other attributes of assigned team members
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Masters or MBA qualification
- Track record with a leading audit firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Construction, Energy, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Healthcare
Skills and attributes for success:
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
Return to Work