Posted 28th Sep 2017
You will be required to ensure that the company has efficient, well-maintained and optimally functioning systems and reporting tools and that the team has been trained to maximize the system potential.
You will work with both internal and external stakeholders including Compaany Digital HQ in the UK and the IT external technical team to ensure that our shops and office team members are operating productively.
Key responsibilities -
• Working with the Digital global team to implement and rollout new systems and hardware as it becomes available and to the benefit of MENA. Which would range from a new POS system, Manager (Stock, People, Analytics) as well as other systems and features that are developed for the business globally.
• Working with daily and a direct contact with Digital global teams to use our global contracts in place for hardware, software and systems and global support network to the best benefit of MENA.
• Will require regular visits, plus on boarding fortnight in the UK to train up on the global systems, tools and processes.
• Managing the shops point-of-sale operating system Microsoft Dynamics; this will include keeping the database up-to-date, providing operational user support, first point of problem assessment, exporting system data for reports.
• Organizing the ordering, scheduling, physical implementation, and maintenance of any store hardware equipment by working with suppliers and IT support team. This includes tills, scales, card machines, phones, etc.
• Being responsible for the management of shop and office hardware equipment including phones, computers and accessories; this would involve keeping an updated asset list, ordering additional equipment as necessary, communicating with the external support team, and providing first assessment to user problems.
• Being first point of reference for any system issues including the financial software Microsoft Navision and Jet Reports.
• Creates, documents, and maintains detailed universally understood procedures, data security, compliance and updated asset records
• Providing clear and concise user manuals for systems as well as training and problem-solving support
• Acting as a liaison between Digital HQ departmental end-users, technical analysts, consultants and others in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
• Supporting the Commerce team in coordinating the implementation of improved functions on the company website
Global cosmetics company based in Dubai
• Able to effectively communicate in English (written & oral), Arabic an advantage but not essential.
• Detail focussed mind with a proven record of achieving difficult deadlines.
• Have good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail
• Able to work well within a team and with external suppliers
• Experienced Microsoft Excel skills at an advanced level
• Have a proven record in hardware and software knowledge and usage
• Able to learn quickly, contribute to and communicate with a team effectively
• Have logical approach to problem solving along with a methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind;
• Able to plan, organize, and have attention for detail
• Being able to take the initiative and work independently
• Is self-confident, flexible and adaptable
Full Time Flexible