Transaction Tax Manager
Posted 30th Jan 2018
As a Transaction Tax Manager, you'll join an integrated global network of talented advisors working in a dynamic, fast-moving and commercially-driven environment. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and identify and escalate opportunities for Ernst & Young.
You'll make a technical and operational contribution to projects and engagements supervising and reviewing the work of more junior team members and confirm it's of a high standard that complies with our Quality & Risk Management policies. You'll draw on your knowledge and experience to help clients understand and address the tax implications of the transactions that are strategically important to them - acquisitions, disposals, refinancing, restructurings or initial public offerings - and you'll be actively involved in the technical development and delivery of ideas to help clients mitigate transaction risk, enhance opportunity and negotiate effectively.
- To lead the efficient and successful delivery of Transaction Tax services.
- Participate in Transaction Tax engagements on a day to day basis, focusing on tax due diligence, tax structuring, SPA and tax model review
- Work effectively as a member of a worldwide network of professional advisors, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
-Be comfortable with a demanding project management/central role in Dubai for inbound/through-bound investment into MENA and beyond
- Collaborate with a team of Transaction Tax professionals to combine diverse cross-border transaction experience with local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries
- Work as part of a multi-jurisdictional/disciplinary team in terms of pursuing, managing and delivering engagements. As part of this there must be a drive to ensure that all deliverables meet the EY quality standard
- Quickly form strong relationships within our tax network and focus on developing links with our Transaction Advisory Practice. Such relationships are essential in order to be able to efficiently and professionally handle multi-geographical projects
- Participate and assist in preparing for meetings essential to the transaction process, e.g., meetings with the management teams of the buyer, seller or target or with their other advisors and providers of finance
- Manage the preparation of reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel. Manage a personal client portfolio in terms of dealing with and managing all the tax affairs of that client account, keeping them abreast of tax developments and advise on how it might affect their group
- Assist in managing engagement economics by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Participate in business development initiatives
- Ensure engagements comply with all aspects of internal risk management as well as managing the economics of all jobs
- Meet financial and non-financial KPIs on an annual basis
- Help people to develop through the effective supervision, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training Transaction Tax professionals
- Maintain an educational program to develop your technical and personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
As part of our Transaction Tax team, you will advise companies and private equity investors on all tax aspects of their transactions, whether it is an acquisition, disposal, refinancing, restructuring or initial public offering. You will help clients negotiate throughout the transaction life cycle, from initial due diligence to post-deal implementation.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Technical skills requirements
- A bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials – taxation, accounting, business, finance or a related field essential. MBA, Masters of Tax or LLM in Tax would be a plus.
- A minimum of four (with a master's degree) or five years (with a bachelor's degree) of relevant tax experience, ideally within a Big 4 or similar environment.
- Must have a relevant professional qualification such as ACA or CTA etc.
Additional skills requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Relevant consulting experience within a mature market is highly desirable
- Well-developed analytical and research skills and an ability to draw conclusions from often equivocal or conflicting data
- Broad exposure to transaction taxation
- Strong managerial, organizational, project management, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
Return to Work