Posted 9th Aug 2017
Our client, a premier US based architecture firm is seeking an experienced Urban Designer to join their growing Dubai based team for a 4-6 month contract.
- Contribute to the general preparation of master plans at a wide variety of scales, summary reports, presentations and models
- Exhibit an understanding of global urban growth trends, sustainability at the urban scale and various European and Middle Eastern building, open space and urban planning typologies
- Understand recent trends in transportation planning
- Exhibit a conviction in design philosophy and can relate assigned tasks to that philosophy.
- Perform documentation and presentation work, including 3D modelling, illustrative plans, diagrams, spreadsheets, scale comparisons and visualizations.
- Understand various planning scales and can work confidently with numbers and calculations.
- Collaborative in a team environment and can carefully coordinate work with others on the project team.
Working hours - 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (can be more flexible as required)
An internationally known firm, one of the largest and most influential architecture, interior design, engineering, and urban planning firms in the world. They are renowned for their iconic buildings and commitment to design excellence, innovation, and sustainability.
- Successful candidate will have 1-3 years of experience, with strong design ability, professional initiative and strong work ethic
- Completion of an architectural degree program and experience in urban design and planning projects
- A post graduate degree in urban design and planning is recommended but not essential depending on the individual candidate’s experience profile and skills
- A minimum of 1 years professional experience in urban design and planning
- Demonstrated general knowledge of urban design and planning, urban history and theory, environmental strategies, and private and public development
- Advanced computer skills
- Candidates MUST be spousal visa
Full Time Flexible