About the offer
Hiring a private tutor or tutoring company is one of the most important decisions a parent can make. Our warm and caring staff here at MetaMindz is pleased to offer FREE consultations to Mums@Work families.
When does a child need private tutoring or learning support outside of school? As an increasing number of mothers are working in the UAE, ensuring that children have adequate academic support outside of school can be a daunting task for families. From preparing for upcoming tests and projects to day to day homework and study time, most students can find themselves in need of additional support from time to time.
MetaMindz Learning Center, Dubai’s most trusted name in K-8 reading and math, university preparation, and adult English advises parents to look for the following signs to determine if tutoring or additional learning support should be considered.
SIGNS YOUR CHILD MAY NEED A TUTOR
- Standardized Assessment Scores Below Level. In the British system, most students write a CAT-4. In the American system, students write the NWEA MAP. If you child’s skills are below skill level, it could greatly impact their ability to keep up with grade level school work. A good private tutor should be able to pinpoint weaker skills and efficiently help your child catch up.
- Recently Changed Schools / Curriculum
- Lacks Confidence / Developing Low Self Esteem
- Preparation for University: SAT Exam, University Prep Courses, IELTS Exam
- Cannot Complete Homework Independently
- Poor Test Scores and Report Card Grades
If you mentally checked any of the boxes above, there’s a good chance your child would benefit from personalized instruction from a licensed and trained professional. A good tutor will instill confidence and motivation in students while teaching them to work independently. Tutoring shouldn’t be a crutch for a child. Rather, a tutor should be a short term and specific program with learning objectives that produces lasting results.
FINDING A GOOD TUTOR
- Get recommendations from your child’s teacher and school
- Make sure the tutor is licensed by KHDA or a local governing body. Dealing with illegal private tutors can cause problems
- Make sure the teacher takes the time to get know your child, personally and academically before agreeing to help.
- Make sure the instructor has a system or process to keep you updated on progress, in and out of school
- Make sure the tutor can develop a relationship with your child’s school teacher to prevent disconnects in teaching styles and confusion.
- Make sure your tutor can handle multiple subjects. A great math teacher isn’t necessary good at teaching essay writing.
More about MetaMindz
MetaMindz Learning Center is the UAE’s most successful and trusted source for learning support and academic enrichment for students of all ages and skill levels. Established in 2012 and licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority, MetaMindz offers high quality programs in English, Math, Science, and University Prep support such as SAT Prep and IELTS Prep. Adult English courses will be offered by MetaMindz from January 2019. Our programs are taught by highly qualified, professional teachers. Our English courses are taught exclusively by American and British native speakers.
Terms & Conditions
|Validity||22 2018 - 22 May 2019|
|Category||SCHOOL & NURSERIES|
|Address||Diamond Business Center B, Shop G-06
P.O Box 66474
|Contact No.||04 872 3135|